About the job
Get to know us
If you are thinking about food, we know we have got you covered. If you are thinking about more than that, you have come to the right place. Whether you are sitting in the Middle East or working from North America, you will find us to make your meals a whole lot richer, simpler, and tastier with the promise of an authentic homely feel.
At Shan, we believe in growing together and constantly learning from everyone around us. Our people are not only driving the business, they are all contributing towards the growth of the food industry worldwide.
Let's give you a quick sneak peek into the life of Manager Internal Audit & Risk
As Manager of Internal Audit & Risk, you will be bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s operations, specifically its internal control structure. You will also carry out risk assessments of the various operational areas of the organization and post-audit activities such as operational audits, financial audits, and compliance audits
Things you will be doing as a Manager Internal Audit & Risk
Risk assessment and audit planning
- Lead the team in conducting risk assessment activity taking into consideration operational, financial, compliance, and other relevant risk factors. Establish the audit universe and prepare annual audit plans
- Have an eye for identifying high-level risks, assessing mitigating controls, and reporting significant findings that could adversely affect Shan Foods’s assets and/or reputation
- Assist the Head of the internal audit department in implementing and monitoring internal audit policies, procedures, and guidelines
Internal Audit Assignments
- Supervise internal audit assignments including detailed planning, audit testing, and reporting by Internal Audit methodology & auditing standards (IPPF) guiding support staff in performing fieldwork on various planned and unplanned audits
- Led the correspondence and communication with the auditees and ensured all issues such as data availability, management comments, and meetings are timely carried manner in
- Managing timelines to ensure all audits are completed within a defined period
- Reviewing and finalizing audit reports, audit notifications, and other written correspondence
- Ensure that internal audit assignments are focused on key risk areas and are performed efficiently and within time and budget. Document audit findings and issue drafts of audit reports, ensuring that audit issues are communicated
- Hold audit-related meetings with management and provide advice & support on the appropriateness of management’s corrective action plan (CAP)
- Manage feedback processes and follow up on reported audit findings
- Finalizing the quarterly audit activity reports
- Any other tasks assigned Head of Internal Audit i.e., ad-hoc special assignments including investigations, inspections, etc
What are we looking for in you?
- A minimum ACCA /ACMA/CA finalist/MBA & Member of a recognized body of professional accountants or; (II) Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or; (III) Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- A minimum 08 years of professional experience in internal auditing/risk management/compliance functions including article ship from Big 4 audit firms
- Advanced knowledge of international accounting and auditing standards and procedures
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective interactions with auditees, external auditors, and regulators
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience with the risk-based audit methodology
- Stakeholder management
- Data Analytics
- Proficient in MS Office, Power BI, and Other Dashboard reporting tools.
- Prior experience in planning, managing, and supervising audit engagements.